We offer ethical and affordable web and mail hosting, made easy with human setup and support, monitoring & backups, ethical Matomo analytics, plus managed WordPress & WooCommerce.
We like to keep things simple, every hosting plan with S4 gets the following:
- 100% Renewable energy, in one of the most modern and green datacentres in Europe.
- Litespeed Enterprise, MariaDB, PHP 7.4, Redis, IPv6 & QUIC.
- Free SSL, Anycast DNS & DNS failover.
- Network level firewall, daily vulnerability checking and 24/7 monitoring.
- 3 levels of backups, including off site backups and failover.
- SSH & SFTP, plus 2-Factor authentication
- Matomo Analytics (a private and ethical alternative to Google Analytics)
- Human setup and support
All of our plans include mail hosting on our separate mail servers:
- Roundcube webmail
- 10 Free email addresses
- Unlimited aliases and catch-all addresses
You can host any kind of site on S4, but if you are running on WordPress then we offer you these extras free of charge:
- Pre-installed & Optimised WordPress
- Free WordPress Migration
- Safe managed updates
- One-click staging sites (coming soon)
- Optimised Litespeed caching
- WordPress Brute Force Protection
Shared pricing plans are 10 and 20 per month, and all of our plans come with a 7 day completely free trial
We can also offer a customised plan to fit you and your business, from shared hosting up to multiple VPS high availability setups. We are happy to offer a free consultation to everyone to discuss how we can help you make your web presence as sustainable, speedy, secure and stable as it can be.
S4 is a young small company but the team behind it has a lot of experience in web design, development and server management. We are passionate about sustainability, ethics, open source software, net neutrality and internet freedom.
We spent more than a year, and a lot of thought, work, testing and development to create web hosting on our own terms. Now we are happy to offer the same hosting service to other people who need a web presence that works but also care about a sustainable, fast, and affordable internet.